Basix Dildo


The folks at TheirToys.com were nice enough to ask me to review a product for their site, and sent me the Basix Rubber Works Suction Cup Dong. This cock is big, translucent, and purple. I've had it on my nightstand for a couple of weeks and it rivals the size of my bedside lamp, which is fun when I've got unexpected guests.

This dong, along with the rest of the Basix line, is made of rubber. That's not jelly rubber, so it doesn't have phthalates in it, but it wouldn't be a good pick for those of you with a latex allergy. It's also porous, so if you're going to share this between partners or are just generally concerned with cleanliness, I'd throw a condom on it before use. I personally prefer silicone dildos almost exclusively, but for the size and price of this baby the rubber is a reasonable compromise. It doesn't smell or taste bad, which is a plus.

As for orgasm-producing abilities, this toy is great if you're into size. I like having something to reach for when my Pure Wand isn't enough, so it's good to have around as an option. Because it's thick, it might be the kind of thing you want to work up to. I'll use a few fingers or a different dildo to start with, and definitely use lube.

One major quibble I have with this dildo is that it's not really strap-on harness compatible. My boyfriend can and might like to take something of this size up the butt, but I can't really strap it on because of both the size of the balls (big) and the suction cup at the base. I personally have no use for this suction cup, but if you're into humping the wall or the bathtub then you might like it.

Bottom line: it's a perfectly good dildo with a nice size and shape, but I'd prefer one made of silicone and that was strap-on compatible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An excellent review, with well balanced reporting on both the product itself and your interactions with the product. Hopefully some other manufacturers and resellers will see this review and expand your opportunities to perform product testing.

One comment on your desire to use with a harness. It appears there is a groove around the circumference just above the suction cup base. If you can find a welded or solid forged ring that fits very snugly into the groove you may be able to use a harness with a three or four point ring mounting system.

Paradox said...

Thanks for the suggestion, anon. The problem with the groove around the suction cup is that if I have a ring big enough to fit around the suction cup, it's too big to stay in place. I can't get smaller ones over the suction cup part. So it could maybe work if you had a firm but stretchy ring--maybe silicone?

Anonymous said...

Paradox - silicone might word as long as it was firm and tight enough in the groove not to pop out at an inopportune moment. Will come down to how vigorously you thrust and withdraw with your strap-on, and how much of an interference fit exists between the diameter of the toy and your partner's sphincters.

I still think an appropriately sized metal ring could be fitted into the groove given that the dildo is a pliable rubber. Would require the ring be held firmly, probably in a vise, and that you have no qualms about getting messy since it will likely take a good amount of both lube and elbow grease to get the ring set in place.

If all else fails, a piece of thin vinyl or nylon coated aircraft cable and a crimp sleeve will let you custom size a ring in place in the groove. Just coat the sleeve with a bit of Plasti-Dip to insure there are no sharp edges.

On living, loving, learning, and fucking with the materials I've got at hand.

Creative Commons License
This work by anewparadox.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.