Ani Difranco - The Story

I would have returned your greeting
If it weren't for the way you were looking at me
This street is not a market
And I am not a commodity
And don't you find it sad that we can't even say hello
'Cause you're a man
And I am a woman
And the sun is getting low
And there are some places that I can't go
As a woman I can't go there
And as a person I don't care
I don't go for the hey baby what's your name
And I'd like to go alone thank you
Just the same
Songs should always perfectly articulate things I've been thinking about. Or rather, the best ones do.

3 comments:

Myca said...

For when you're feeling incredibly depressed about men in general: http://fugitivus.wordpress.com/stuff-what-boys-can-do/

---Myca

Myca said...

Something else that might help: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/devon/8300451.stm

Just to be clear, I don't want you to think that I'm trying to 'defend my gender' or anything dumb like that, but I know how depressing all of this shit can become sometimes, so it's good to know that there are non-awful people out there.

---JMyca

Alyssa said...

Thanks, Myca. I do need to hear about the good ones.

On living, loving, learning, and fucking with the materials I've got at hand.

Creative Commons License
This work by anewparadox.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.